1. WHAT ARE SECOND WORLD SERVICES?
● games like Ball Guys
● websites and applications such as secondworld.io
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The types of data we collect depend on how you interact with us. Generally speaking, we collect data in three main ways:
A) when you provide it to us,
B) automatically when you use the Second World Services, and
C) from service providers and third parties.
A. Data you provide us with
You may provide us with different types of data depending on how you interact with the Second World Services. Sometimes we will ask you to provide specific data, such as when we need it to provide parts of the Second World Services to you (for example, by asking you to complete an online registration process). If you provide data in such cases and you choose not to do so, you may not be able to access such Second World Services and/or some features may not work as intended. For example, to make purchases at Ball Guys and play some of our games, you will need a Second World account. To create one, you will need to provide us with basic registration information, such as your name, a public display name, password, the country in which you live, and an e-mail address. If you wish to make a purchase, we may ask you to provide billing information (such as your card payment account number and expiration date) to complete the transaction. We also collect data that you voluntarily provide to subscribe to email alerts, use social features such as forums or chats, register for early access to our games, use our developer tools (including to create and publish games and other content), complete surveys, or contact us through Player Support or customer service requests. We collect any information you choose to provide to us in these or similar instances.
B. Data we automatically collect
We collect certain data automatically when you visit, access or use the Second World Services. This includes data about your game play or app usage, purchases, entitlements and other activity on the Second World Services, typically associated with your account (if you are logged into your Second World account or use a third party account to access the Second World Services) or with an identifier we have assigned to your device or profile. Although the type of data we automatically collect may vary, it generally includes:
● usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Second World Services, including the application you used or game you played, how long you used it and when, game attempts, progress and results, saved preferences, error reports, the URLs of web pages you visited, referring and exit URLs, pages viewed, time spent on a page, number of clicks, and platform type;
● technical information about your computer, device, the hardware or software you use to access our services, such as IP address, device identifiers, your internet service provider, plugins, or other transactional or identifying information about your device (such as, for example, the make and model of the device, information about the device’s operating systems and browsers or other device or system-related specifications); and
● the general location of your device, which we usually derive from the IP address of your device. Second World Services use technologies such as cookies, log files and web beacons to automatically collect the types of information listed above. Some of these technologies may create small files or record-keeping tools that may be stored on your device.
They help us, our service providers and third parties recognize your device and provide information about how you use and interact with Second World Services. For example, they support our ability to authenticate users, remember preferences, manage advertising, personalize experiences and perform data analysis. Please note that if certain features on the Second World Services are provided by third parties, such third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of the Second World Services or other websites over time. These features are subject to the privacy notices and policies of such third parties.
C. Data we collect from other sources
In some cases, we may also receive information about you from service providers and third parties in connection with your use of the Second World Services or your interactions with us on other platforms. For example, some third-party developers allow you to use your Second World account to log in to their service. And if you choose to link your Second World account with your account on third party social networks (such as Facebook), games or other similar website or service, or if you interact with an advertisement for one of the Second World Services on an external website or service, the company that operates that website or service may share certain information with Second World in accordance with its own privacy practices. Your privacy settings on the other company’s website or service typically prevail with respect to the specific types of data they may share with Second World, so be sure to review and update them regularly. Common examples of linked accounts may include the display name and user ID of the third party account, as well as associated device information, name and email address. You may also purchase, download or access some Second World Services on or through services operated by third parties. If you do so, they may provide us with data to facilitate your access to and use of Second World Services. This typically includes information such as your display name, user ID, and device and region information. When you do so, the company that operates that platform or service may share certain information with us, which helps us do things like facilitate your play and track your progress and entitlements.
D. Fraud and fraud prevention
Providing users with a fair, equitable and competitive experience on the Second World Services is extremely important to us. We enforce strict prohibitions against scams, hacking, account theft and any other unauthorized or fraudulent activity on Second World Services. We use a variety of cheating and fraud prevention technologies to help us identify and prevent malicious activity. These services may collect and analyze data about your computer and your computer’s software to detect cheating, and may be provided by Second World or by service providers.
3. HOW DO WE USE THE DATA?
As a general rule, we use the data we collect (either individually or in combination with other data collected as described in this policy) to help us provide, improve, customize, analyze and promote the Second World Services. This includes its use for purposes such as: ● create, verify and manage user accounts and features;
● provide the Second World Services, as well as support and assistance for them, including responding to inquiries, processing transactions or requests, and communicating with users (such as, for example, sending service and account-related messages and updates);
● develop, deliver and enhance Second World Services and other offerings, some of which may be offered in collaboration with third parties;
● customize your experience, including by presenting content or features better suited to you or your interests, or our inferences about your interests (for example, if you frequently play games of a certain genre, we may infer that you would be interested in that genre and suggest similar games to you);
● promote the Second World Services, including managing, customizing and measuring the effectiveness of our advertisements, promotional offers, surveys and events;
● manage alpha, beta or early access testing (and collect feedback);
● conduct data analysis (such as analyzing how the Second World Services are used so that we can understand, improve and customize them);
● compliance with our legal or contractual obligations and the application of our terms; and
● securing the Second World Services, such as detecting fraud and protecting Second World and other users from illegal or harmful actions.
4. HOW DO WE SHARE DATA?
We may share some of the data we collect to help manage and improve the Second World Services. Depending on how you interact with us, some common examples may include sharing:
● with other users;
● publicly (e.g., your display name, content you create or share, basic game statistics and other similar information that may be accessible to others);
● with service providers acting on our behalf to help support the Second World Services in accordance with our instructions (e.g., cloud storage providers, payment processors or marketing and advertising partners);
● When we believe we must comply with the law or protect you, Second World or others (for example, in response to a court order or subpoena, as part of an investigation of fraud or other illegal activity, or violation of our terms or policies, or if necessary to protect others from death or serious bodily injury or property damage);
● with other Second World entities (including to help provide support for Second World Services internationally);
● in connection with certain types of corporate transactions (such as in the event of a restructuring or sale of all or a significant portion of our business); and
● with your permission (for example, if you link external accounts to your Second World account, or use your Second World account to log in to third party games and services, or participate in cross-promotional events).
● We may also share data that does not identify you with third parties, including aggregated or anonymized data. Third parties you interact with through the Second World Services may have different privacy practices than Second World, so we encourage you to review their privacy policies before sharing your data with them.
5. PRIVACY OF MINORS
Second World’s Services are considered appropriate for general audiences and are not intended for children (children are generally considered to be under the age of 13, depending on where they reside). Second World does not knowingly collect personal data from children without obtaining the necessary parental approval in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, such as the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act («COPPA»). We may ask you to provide age-related data to help us comply with laws such as COPPA. For example, we may request your date of birth to determine whether COPPA requires us to obtain verifiable parental consent from your parent or guardian before allowing you to access the Second World Services. If a user indicates that he or she is a minor under COPPA, we will require the user to complete a parental approval process before continuing to access the relevant Second World Services. This process is designed to notify parents that their child has requested access to Second World Services, inform them of Second World’s privacy practices, provide them with an opportunity to approve the collection and use of their child’s information as described in this policy, and describe the controls we make available to them. Once parents give their consent, we will give them the opportunity to review and change important account settings that control how their child may interact with the Second World Services. Generally, parents are also free to change or revoke the options they have previously chosen and may review the personal data associated with their child’s account or request that we remove it from our systems. To submit such requests or ask us any other questions about how we handle your child’s personal information, please see the Contact Us section. In all other respects, authorized minor accounts are treated similarly to other Second World accounts. Generally, they can play authorized games (such as Ball Guys) access communications and social features (such as chat and friends lists) and interact freely with most of the Second World Services. For more details, please see the «What data do we collect?», «How do we use data?» and «How do we share data?» sections above.
6. ITS OPTIONS AND CONTROLS
We seek to provide you with meaningful choices about the personal data we collect. The specific choices available to you often vary depending on the exact nature of our relationship with you, such as the Second World Services you use. Some common examples are:
● You may request that we provide access to, correct, or delete personal information we have collected from you. Submit requests to access, update or delete personal data associated with your Second World account by contacting us as described in «Contacting Us» below. Please note that we may ask you for additional information to help us verify who you are before completing your request.
● You can change your email marketing preferences at any time, for example, by using the opt-out mechanism provided in our marketing emails, by updating your Second World account settings or by contacting us with your request (see «Contacting Us» below).
● You can change your privacy settings on other parties’ websites (such as social networks) or platforms (such as console providers) to limit the information they may share with us.
● You can change the settings on your browser or mobile device to block, manage, delete or limit tracking technologies such as cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause Second World Services to not function as intended and some functionality may not be available.
● If you are under the age of 18 and have a Second World account, you may request that we remove or anonymize certain content you have provided on the Second World Services. Please direct requests for assistance in removing or editing content on the Second World Services to Second World as described in «Contacting Us» below. In some parts of the world, specific options related to personal data are provided for in accordance with local legislation.
7. OUR GLOBAL OPERATIONS
SecondWorld, OÜ. is headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia, but we are active worldwide to help provide users around the world with a better experience on the Second World Services. We have subsidiaries, offices, service providers and partners around the world to support these operations in a number of different ways, for example, the developer of Ball Guys is an office in Spain. This means that Second World may process the data we collect in connection with your use of the Second World Services in locations outside of the region in which you reside.
A. Data transfers
When you use Second World Services, your data may be transferred to or stored in the United States or other countries in which we or our service providers are active. The data protection laws and regulations in these countries may differ from those in your place of residence. We rely on various legal mechanisms to help legally support transfers of data outside the country of collection when proceed. If permitted by local law, you authorize Second World to process your data in any of the locations in which we operate (including the United States) through your use of the Second World Services. For more information about the Second World entity responsible for managing Second World Services in your region, please see the «Contact Us» section below.
B. California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act or «CCPA» provides consumers who are California residents with certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, you may have the right to: (1) request more information about the categories and specific personal information we collect, use and disclose; (2) request deletion of your personal information; (3) opt out of the sale of your personal information (if any); and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You or your authorized agent may make these requests by contacting us as described in the «Contact Us» section below. Please note that we may ask you for additional information to help us verify who you are before completing your request. If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask you for proof that you authorized that person to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. Over the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information, as described in the CCPA:
● Identifiers (such as e-mail addresses);
● Demographic information (such as ages);
● commercial information (including royalties or purchase history);
● activity on the Internet or electronic networks (e.g., game or website usage details);
● other «personal information» as defined under California law (such as credit or debit card information); and
● inferences drawn from any of these categories (e.g., about the genres of games you may prefer to play based on your purchase history).
For details on the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources from which we obtain that information, please see the «What data do we collect?» section above. We collect personal data for the business and marketing purposes described in the «How do we use the data?» section above. Second World does not sell the personal data we collect. We do, however, disclose personal data as described in this policy (see «How do we share data?» above). In the past 12 months, we have disclosed personal data to the following categories of recipients:
● other Second World entities (such as to affiliates that may provide assistance with certain Second World Services);
● other users (for example, if you use chat or social features on the Second World Services);
● service providers (as described in the «How do we share data?» section above);
● operating systems and platforms; and
● public authorities or other third parties in response to a lawful request.
C. Residents of the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK) or Switzerland, you have certain rights about how your personal data is processed.
Rights of the interested party
You may have the right to access, correct or delete personal data that we have collected about you through the Second World Services. You may also have the right to a portable copy of the personal data you have provided, and to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data, such as for direct marketing. Where you have given your consent to data processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent. You also have the right to lodge a complaint against us by contacting your local data protection supervisory authority (if one exists in your country). However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you contact a data protection regulator, and request that you bring your complaint to our attention in the first instance. Please see the «Contact Us» section below for more information on how to contact Second World with any relevant concerns you may have. You can find more details about your local data protection authority below:
Basis for treatment
The legal bases on which we rely to process your personal data depend on the Second World Services you use and how you interact with them. They mainly include:
● Contractual Necessity: We process personal data to provide the Second World Services that you have requested under our Terms of Service or other similar contractual arrangements with you. For example, we process personal data to set up and maintain your account; process your purchases; authenticate users; provide user experience features (such as saving your preferences); monitor and analyze the Second World Services; detect and prevent fraud, cheating, or other similar misuse; facilitate features such as cross-progression that allow you to play a game on one platform and continue your progress on another, which may require us to share your data with third party partners; and contact you about your account, transactions, or other updates. We also rely on the execution of a contract to manage our relationship with you, including responding to your support requests or general inquiries, and notifying you about changes to our applicable terms or policies.
● Legitimate Interests: We process personal data as necessary for Second World’s business purposes, as opposed to the potential impact on your privacy rights. This includes many common purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as: communicating with you, responding to your requests, or providing you with updates and information; better understanding our users and their preferences; customizing your experience, saving your preferences, authenticating our users, and provide similar user experience features; develop, deliver, and enhance Second World Services and other offerings (some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties); manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers; secure and protect Second World Services; prevent fraud and illegal activities; and support internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
● Legal obligations: We process personal data when necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as responding to lawful requests from law enforcement or other government officials in accordance with relevant legal processes.
● Consent: We process personal data when you provide us with your consent to do so. You are not obliged to give your consent if you do not want your personal data to be processed for the purposes requested, and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Because the specific personal data we process and our reasons for processing it often vary depending on how you use the Second World Services, the length of time we keep it may also vary. Generally, we store personal data for as long as we reasonably need it for the purposes described in this policy (such as complying with our legal obligations, managing internal records, enforcing our terms, and resolving disputes), unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The main criteria we consider when determining specific retention periods often include minimum requirements under applicable law, relevant industry standards, the types of data at issue (such as its level of sensitivity), relevance to potential litigation or similar proceedings (such as to defend against legal claims), and whether the data is necessary to prevent fraud or similar abuse of the Second World Services (including to enforce prohibitions against fraud and other unauthorized behavior). For example, if you create a Second World account, we will store the personal data associated with your Second World account for as long as necessary to maintain your account, provide the Second World Services you have requested, enforce the applicable terms governing your use of the Second World Services, and maintain appropriate records showing that we have provided the Second World Services to you. For more information on how to request that Second World delete your personal data, please see the «Your Choices and Controls» and «Data Subject Rights» sections above.
We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and from other unlawful forms of processing. In some cases, your data may be accessed when you log in to some of the functionalities we offer, and in such cases it will be necessary for you to maintain the confidentiality and security of your user credentials and password so that your data is protected.
We will update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or relevant laws. When we do so, we will change the date indicated at the top of the policy. In some cases, we may also notify you of relevant changes by email or within the Second World Services. Please review this policy regularly to ensure that you understand your relationship with Second World and the ways in which we may collect, use and share data in connection with the Second World Services.
10. CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns about Second World Services (such as game-related problems, problems accessing your Second World account, errors or other technical problems, payment issues, or content and entitlement issues), please contact our Player Support team. You can learn more about how to submit support requests for products and services from: Second World Games (such as Ball Guys or Second World) here; If you would like more information about our privacy practices or this policy, please send your questions about products and services by email to: Hello@secodnworld.io; You may also contact us by mail (indicating «Attn: Main Office») at SecondWorld, OÜ, at Calle Bravo Murillo,377 Piso 7. Madrid, Spain.